Certain entities and/or transactions may be exempt from registration or licensing as a mortgage banker in the State of Nebraska. The exemptions are listed in the Residential Mortgage Licensing Act. Below is a brief outline of some entities/transactions that do not require a license or registration.
This listing is merely a reference. Please see the Residential Mortgage Licensing Act, Section 45-703 for a full list of exemptions and conditions.
- Any financial institution
- Any registered bank holding company
- Any insurance company organized under the laws of Nebraska, or with a place of business in this state
- Any person licensed to practice law in this state who is not actively and principally engaged in the business of negotiating mortgage loans when such a person renders services in the regular course of his or her practice as an attorney at law
- Any person licensed in Nebraska as a real estate broker or real estate salesperson who is not actively and principally engaged in the business of negotiating mortgage loans when such person renders services as a real estate broker or real estate salesperson